The resources listed on this page are primarily links to other organizations that have resources posted. At the end of the list are the programs being offered by OPICA Adult Day Program & Counseling Center, Inc. We hope you find this information helpful.
- Meals on Wheels Resource Guide – http://www.tlmow.org/MOWZipCodeList.pdf
This is a document that shows Meals on Wheels programs by City Zip Code.
- Critical Delivery Service – https://wdacs.lacounty.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/CSD_Fact-Sheet_V.2_Final.pdf
Services include: groceries delivery, vital necessities & household items.
This is a new government-funded program reaching out to people over 60 OR disabled OR dependent adults age 18-59.
RESOURCES IN SPANISH:
- Information about Covid-19 and Older Adults (in Spanish)
- All Together LA – https://www.alltogether.la/
Grocery & Meal Delivery
Errands (pick up medications at pharmacy, etc.)
Resources in Los Angeles (Meals on Wheels, etc.)
- Alzheimer’s Association – https://alz.org/help-support/caregiving/coronavirus-(covid-19)-tips-for-dementia-care
Education information on caring for loved ones with Alzheimer’s Disease during Covid-19.
- Alzheimer’s Los Angeles – https://www.alzheimersla.org
Activities to do at home
- Alzheimer’s Disease Resource Center – https://mngwep.umn.edu/sites/mngwep.umn.edu/files/2020-04/COVID-19%20%20Caregiving.pdf
Caregiving in a Time of Corona Virus (article)
- Alzheimer’s Foundation of America – https://alzfdn.org/events/list/?tribe-bar-date=2020-04-20
Educational and recreational activity webinars. Specific dates. See website for more information.
How Caregivers Can Feel Calm and Competent During the Pandemic
Preparing Caregivers During Covid-19
- Caregiver Action Network – https://caregiveractionorg/covid-19
Family Caregiving Tips
Caregiver Help Desk Hotline
- Harvard Health Publications
Caregiver’s Handbook and online courses through Harvard Health Publications.
- Health Professions Press – https://blog.healthpropress.com/2020/04/dementia-care-at-a-distance/
Dementia Care at a Distance: Activities and Educational Programs
- UCSF Family Caregiver Webinar Series
See website for calendar of programs – topics and dates
POLST (Physician Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment)
Frequently asked questions: https://capolst.org/wp- content/uploads/2014/08/2014POLST_FAQ_Consumers.pdf
OPICA Adult Day Program & Counseling Center – www.opica.org
∴ Programs requiring enrollment and for which there is a participation fee:
∴ Mini OPICA Brain Train
A two-hour telehealth program for early memory loss participants offered Monday, Wednesday and Friday. For more information, email email@example.com.
∴ Caregiver Support Groups
A listing of the support groups is available on the website under the SERVICES menu bar. These programs are being offered via Zoom and there is a fee for this program. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
∴ Individual Counseling
Individual counseling is being offered via telephone or Zoom. There is a fee for this program. For more information, email email@example.com
Virtual Programs for some of your favorite day program groups (Spirit Builders, Storytelling and Nisei) is COMING SOON! For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org