The resources listed on this page are primarily links to other organizations that have resources posted. At the end of the list are the programs being offered by OPICA Adult Day Program & Counseling Center, Inc. We hope you find this information helpful.
- Meals on Wheels Resource Guide – http://www.tlmow.org/MOWZipCodeList.pdf
This is a document that shows Meals on Wheels programs by City Zip Code.
- Critical Delivery Service – https://wdacs.lacounty.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/CSD_Fact-Sheet_V.2_Final.pdf
Services include: groceries delivery, vital necessities & household items.
This is a new government-funded program reaching out to people over 60 OR disabled OR dependent adults age 18-59.
RESOURCES IN SPANISH:
- Information about Covid-19 and Older Adults (in Spanish)
- All Together LA – https://www.alltogether.la/ Grocery & Meal Delivery Errands (pick up medications at pharmacy, etc.) Resources in Los Angeles (Meals on Wheels, etc.) Telephone Reassurance
- Alzheimer’s Association – https://alz.org/help-support/caregiving/coronavirus-(covid-19)-tips-for-dementia-care Education information on caring for loved ones with Alzheimer’s Disease during Covid-19.
- Alzheimer’s Los Angeles – https://www.alzheimersla.org Activities to do at home Support Groups Covid-19 Updates Educational Programs
- Alzheimer’s Disease Resource Center – https://mngwep.umn.edu/sites/mngwep.umn.edu/files/2020-04/COVID-19%20%20Caregiving.pdf Caregiving in a Time of Corona Virus (article)
- Alzheimer’s Foundation of America – https://alzfdn.org/events/list/?tribe-bar-date=2020-04-20 Educational and recreational activity webinars. Specific dates. See website for more information.
How Caregivers Can Feel Calm and Competent During the Pandemic
Preparing Caregivers During Covid-19
7. Caregiver Action Network – https://caregiveractionorg/covid-19
Family Caregiving Tips Caregiver Help Desk Hotline
- Harvard Health Publications
Caregiver’s Handbook and online courses through Harvard Health Publications. Harvard Health Publications website (click)
- Health Professions Press – https://blog.healthpropress.com/2020/04/dementia-care-at-a-distance/ Dementia Care at a Distance: Activities and Educational Programs
- UCSF Family Caregiver Webinar Series
See website for calendar of programs – topics and dates https://meded.ucsf.edu/events/family-caregiver-webinar-series-coping-dementia-care-during-coronavirus-pandemic-O
1. POLST (Physician Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment)
Frequently asked questions: https://capolst.org/wp- content/uploads/2014/08/2014POLST_FAQ_Consumers.pdf
OPICA Adult Day Program & Counseling Center – www.opica.org
Programs requiring enrollment and for which there is a participation fee:
1. Mini OPICA Brain Train
A two-hour telehealth program for early memory loss participants offered Monday. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Caregiver Support Groups
A listing of the support groups is available on the website under the SERVICES menu bar. These programs are being offered via Zoom and there is a fee for this program. For more information, email email@example.com
Individual counseling is being offered via telephone or Zoom. There is a fee for this program. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. OZ Program (OPICA on Zoom)
This interactive program engages seniors with various activities and is offered to those experiencing memory loss.
For more information, email email@example.com