As a Marriage and Family Counseling training site, OPICA offers our trainees a wide range of clinical opportunities, training, and experiences with client centered advocacy. OPICA offers both in person and virtual training experiences.
Clinical (client face to face) opportunities include:
- Working directly (In person) with members in the moderate to late stage of dementia and other neurocognitive issues.
- In person engagement includes reminiscence therapy, Art therapy, music therapy and other modalities.
- Individual Counseling (in person and virtual) for members in the early stages of memory loss, dementia and other neurocognitive issues.
- Co-facilitation of in person “breakout” engagement and support groups for members.
- Co- facilitation of virtual caregiver support groups.
- Co-facilitation of virtual engagement and support groups for members. (from early to moderate stage)
- Caregiver “check ins” and Individual Counseling
Additional Non-clinical experiences include:
- High Quality Supervision
- Case Management opportunities
- Program/content development
- Training opportunities
- Trainees must be enrolled in a qualified graduate MFT program. OPICA must be an approved training site for the school.
- Trainees must pass a livescan for both virtual and in person training.
- In person Trainees must provide proof of TB clearance, and COVID19 vaccination*.
- Trainees must commit to a minimum of 8 hours per week, for a minimum term of 6 months.
- There is a $50 per month fee, which covers supervision costs.
For more information about clinical training, email email@example.com