Early-Stage Memory Loss
Adult Day Program
OPICA creates a structured, socially engaging environment that enables adults with memory loss to avoid isolation and provides respite to the family caregiver.
“We could not have made it this far without OPICA, which we can only describe as a MIRACLE in our lives that became an integral part in caring for Mom.”
The mission of OPICA is to improve the lives of adults challenged by memory loss.
We do this by:
- Providing meaningful and stimulating day programs
- Supporting family caregivers through respite and counseling
- Increasing community understanding of memory loss through education, resource referral, and professional training
- We are committed to demonstrating that adults challenged by memory loss can continue to live at home and to grow—emotionally, socially, and spiritually. By offering new avenues of fitness, creativity, and engagement to our members, we affirm the resilience of the human spirit.
Why Choose Us
- Customized for an individual’s emotional, cognitive and physical needs
- 1:5 ratio of staff to attendees
- Expertise critical for memory loss care
- Provides valuable respite for family caregivers
Important Notice: COVID-19 (update – July 2020)
OPICA has submitted a reopening plan to the City of Los Angeles with details of health control and sanitation guidelines and procedures to follow once we reopen. We had hoped to reopen in July but due to the recent wave of increased cases of COVID-19 our plans have been postponed indefinitely.
We will continue to keep you informed as we move through the approval process. In addition, we will update information on our website as it becomes available so please check the website from time to time. For families currently enrolled in OPICA programs, we will reach out to you directly when we have a date for reopening.
During our closure, we are offering telehealth/online classes. For more information on the telehealth classes, please contact Sara Kaye . We hope you will join the online programs or view the videos for exercise and enjoyment.
Thank you for your understanding and support. Stay safe and be well.