There are symptoms that can identify the onset of Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia. These 10 Signs demonstrate a slow decline in memory, thinking, and reasoning skills and may indicate the need for evaluation by a medical provider.
1. MEMORY LOSS THAT DISRUPTS DAILY LIFE
2. CHALLENGES IN PLANNING OR SOLVING PROBLEMS
3. DIFFICULTY COMPLETING FAMILIAR TASKS
4. CONFUSION WITH TIME OR PLACE
5. TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING VISUAL IMAGES
6. PROBLEMS WITH WORDS, SPEAKING OR WRITING
7. MISPLACING THINGS, INABILITY TO RETRACE STEPS
8. DECREASED OR POOR JUDGMENT
9. WITHDRAWAL FROM WORK OR SOCIAL ACTIVITIES
10. CHANGES IN MOOD AND PERSONALITY
Every individual may experience these signs in different ways and to different degrees. Get the maximum benefit from available treatments for your loved one by seeking medical evaluation as early as possible. Research shows that early detection provides several benefits including interventions that may resolve some symptoms for a time. For more information, including a Free Know the 10 Signs Workshop, visit Alz.org.
OPICA provides support for older adults with memory loss and their families. For details about our Adult Day Programs click HERE. Share this information with your social media networks below.
To view all previous blogs, click here.